Pages

Saturday 15 September 2018

September 15, 2018 How am I Doing?

I thought it was time for an update. some people who have dealt with tinnitus for a long time have mentioned something called habituation. 

Habituation is the process of adjusting to a health issue to a point that it diminishes its impact. With tinnitus, we learn to cope rather than respond with anxiety. I still take half an anti-anxiety pill daily though to make sure I don't become anxious. 

The piercing is still here right now as I type. A horrible high pitched sound. But as my mind becomes immersed in other thoughts, the sound diminishes. sometimes it depends on the angle of my head too. 

I'm pretty sure something is pinched in my neck or trap muscle. I can feel it. Since the tinnitus began, I've developed a habit of trying to de-stress my neck. 

It does still dominate my life as I think about it daily. Some days are quiet. I am so happy to have two days in a row with barely no noise. I can't put together why that happens.

I've been sleeping on a travel pillow for neck stability. I think that has helped the neck pain. I still take a load of supplements. I just went through an adrenal health program. Exercise is good. I also just did another parasite cleanse as I have pets that I'm pretty sure carry such. 

I sometimes notice a connection when I eat something sweet. Like immediately! I'm as sugar free as I seem to be able to manage. I'm taking berberine to help with my blood sugar. I have no clue if it is involved in my quiet days. I take so many things I doubt I'll know what really helps. 

I wish I had a cure for you but I don't. I will say it is no where as loud and anxiety-causing as in this story.  I still ask God to remove it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment