Pages

Sunday 18 April 2021

My Update April 2021

I awoke today, earlier than usual, and had no tinnitus. I knew it because it was so peaceful. This is how my tinnitus tends to go lately.

Then, about mid-afternoon, I decided I wanted a nap. I slept for hours. I've been doing that a lot since the Covid-19 shutdowns--sleeping a lot. But when I woke, the tinnitus was blaring. But I handle it because I've habituated (I believe is the term). I've learned to overcome or ignore it as much as possible.

I still take 5 mg of an anti-anxiety pill daily. I purposely don't try to fight the tinnitus because I know I've tried it all. I still pray for God to intervene. 

The good news is that mine, at times, is non-existent. I get to have quiet periods or a quiet day. I feel it may be connected to sleep rhythms because it's usually on or off after sleeping. Nothing else I do during the day seems to calm it once it's begun. 

I still wonder about foods and drink--like fuzzy beverages. That would mean it is stomach-related, would it not? Or blood sugar related. I wonder about circulation and posture. I wonder if it's connected to thinking--the kind I do at the computer, after all it is a brain disorder. 

I'd prefer to not have it. I'm glad when I am given a quiet day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment